I have to give a shout-out to two of my sisters. One is really my sister, the other played my sister in Fiddler on the Roof.
Kira Holmes is one of the most unique people I know. She is 100% herself, she cares about others and she is one of the kindest people that I know. Kira makes me laugh and always makes me feel like I am so important to her, which is a wonderful feeling. So happy birthday baby Kira….you were just a fetus when this happened;) I love you!
We totally won Scattergories against the rest of our family. Regardless of what they tell you, we won.
And now for my actual sister. Olivia. She is seriously so amazing. People say we look alike, but she’s probably 100000000 times more beautiful than I am. She is smart, adventurous, kind, funny, and so sweet. She goes for what she wants, and is AMAZING at everything she does. She forgives easily and doesn’t stay mad, she loves laughing and doesn’t let the drama of high school get to her, instead she just laughs about it until it’s not a big deal anymore. She is sensitive to what people need and always makes sure that she is a good friend/sister. I am lucky that she’s one of my very best friends. I love you Liv, and I hope you have a great sweet sixteen!
Ahhh sweet sixteen. First date, getting a driver’s license, all that good stuff. My first date was legendary. I went with Brandon Carling to a concert. He called me and asked me to go to Keith Urban on a Wednesday night, the day after my birthday. And I said yes. We got to the Energy Solutions Arena and were walking around. Brandon’s best friend’s mom had gotten him the tickets, and they were waiting at the Will Call in front. So we went up there, and got our tickets. An usher than went to show us to our seats. We walked in a lower bowl door, and kept walking. Down, down, DOWN INTO THE SEA. No but really. We kept turning to each other and saying “Where are these seats??” Then…we stopped. Front row. Dead center.
I touched Keith’s hand. I got a guitar pick. It was the best first date known to man.
Here are a few of my favorite dates that I’ve been on (besides the concert. which was INCREDIBLE)
- Picnic. Honestly going on picnics and then playing at the park is SO fun. Trust me!
- Making dinner. It’s so fun to cook and make something together! You could do this with dessert too.
- Ice skating. Need I say more?
- Classic Skating. There are bounce houses, roller blading, arcade games. It’s a good time.
- Laser tag. Get that competitive side out!
- Dinner and a movie. Classic for if you are dating or know each other really well. Still a really fun date every time!
- Hiking. Just make sure you bring lots of water!
- DI shopping spree. Have a competition, make each other outfits, anything!
- Put notes in the books at Barnes and Noble. It’s really fun. Promise.
- Chili’s chips and salsa and molten chocolate cake. Ten dollars of deliciousness. Trust me.
- Finger painting. Or just painting. Do something crafty. It’s fun!
- Gingerbread houses. You can get all the supplies for not too much!
- Go to a concert, show, or game. Whether it’s high school or professional, it’s always really fun to go out and see people show their talents!
- Star gazing. Hot chocolate and a blanket and you’re set!
- Go to the zoo, aquarium, or planetarium. These are all really fun, not too expensive, and will last the whole day!
- Paintballing or shooting. Just make sure the girl is up for the challenge!
- Rock climbing. Real or fake rocks, it’s fun to see how well you do.
- Swimming or a waterpark. Better if you know each other well enough to see each other in swimming suits!
- Scavenger hunt. Plan a scavenger hunt for each other and end with a yummy treat!
- Make a movie or music video. Better for a group date!
- Window shop in Salt Lake or any other big city.
- Fishing. Just get some fishing licenses and a pole!
- Museum. There are lots all over. Just pick one!
- Bowling. Yes. Just do it.
- Walking and talking. These kind of dates have turned out to be some of my favorites.