So I am SO behind on blogging. I am so sorry. I am going to play a big game of catch-up right now so be prepared for a long post!
First of all. Shout out to my home girl LAUREN FABER who is going to SYDNEY AUSTRALIA on her mission, leaving OCTOBER 9TH!!! This girl is one of my best friends and I can’t imagine a more perfect mission for her. I am so lucky to know her, and so lucky that I get to spend time with her. She’s a wonderful person and is going to be an amazing missionary. Go convert those kangaroos Lau, I LOVE YOU!
Ok so once upon a time we went on a road trip. To Idaho. And it was one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me. Here are a few highlights from our trip:)
- Finding Pride Rock, for cows
- Listening to/discussion Les Mis for a good portion of the car ride
- A gas station called the Garden of Eden, complete with giraffe or tiger spandex and enough stuffed snakes to make you wonder which one really was Satan
- 100% boy. Need I say more?
- CAN WE STOP AND GET SOME WINE?
- TYSON THE LANE IS OVER
- Hugging people that I’ve been away from for far too long
- Chick-fil-a twice. In a two day trip
- It’s my pleasure….oh Mindy.
- Lauren making faces at dogs in the drive through
- The car next to us asking for an Oreo, and us throwing them one
- The VERY friendly people at the stores we went to
- Garrett. Seriously the cutest kid EVER
- Josh at Lucky Fin trying to get fired
- The greatest buser EVER named Rachel
- Wondering if Rachel really worked as a mermaid dancer
- Being at Jack’s house with his sisters and learning that he loved Mulan and the Aristocats.
- Sitting in the back of the truck and realizing that was the most fun thing to do in Idaho (I’m kidding though, Idaho is great)
- Holocaust references
- Racist references all around
- Dat’s gonnnn be ESPENSIVE.
- Ya’ll have the same last name? That’s lucky.
- Just Tyson and his black woman impressions in general
- Disney and Harry Potter Scene It (Snitch, please)
- Jack/Rachel/Dylan’s AMAZING families
- Sleeping in Rachel’s huge bed.
- Crepe Saturday morning
- Laying outside in the sun.
- Billy’s mom and laughing way too hard at her house
- Getting attacked on the trampoline
- It’s just a number…
- Pulled pork sandwiches
- Table Rock and the AMAZING sunset
- The Newlywed Game (Jack, we rocked it)
- Dinosaur language
- Dylan’s wonderful talk
- Kurtis being free out the back of the truck
- Screaming girly songs all the way home
- Tyson singing London Bridge
- Flying down the freeway being sad that we had to say goodbye
I’m probably forgetting some things….but I’m sure Olivia or Kurtis or Lauren or Tyson or Rachel or Jack will remind me;)
Anyway. It was an amazing weekend and a good reminder to me that I am pretty blessed with some great friends:) Thanks for making this weekend perfect guys!
Happy Monday everyone!