So I’m not going to do Gabe’s big farewell post yet. I’ll either do it when he moves back home or actually leaves. I just can’t do that big goodbye post when he’s still got a few weeks of dealing with us all:)
But we did go to Gabe’s farewell this weekend which was super fun! We drove for several hours to Tremonton and then to Morgan to watch our friends give their farewells (Nick and Gabe both gave excellent talks) and then we ate way too much food and got some quality friend time. We didn’t have time to stop by Kaysville though, which I was sad about:( I wanted to see my mom. But this weekend I will get to see my family which I’m really excited about!! The farewells were great. I got to do a lot of thinking during our long car rides, and came to a few brief conclusions about life in general.
- It’s the best feeling in the world when your friends have your back.
- You are as happy as you make yourself.
- When you spend 30 minutes listing things you love, you find more things that you do love.
- Utah is one of the prettiest places in the world.
- You can be happy, having the time of your life, and still feel like you’re missing something.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, if you have the gospel, you have everything you need.
- I have some of the best friends in the world.
- You have no idea what the future holds, but there’s someone who does!