I have been dying for a yarn hanging for months now, and finally decided to have a craft night and just make it. And let me tell you, it was SO easy! And I’m absolutely OBSESSED with the outcome.
This is all we did:
1. Go to the craft store and buy a dowel and some yarn. We picked a 1/2 inch dowel (I think) and three colors of yarn. Total it cost us $16.
2. Measure your wall and decide how long your yarn needs to be. Make sure to measure the pieces of yarn a little more than twice the length you want it at the end, because you fold it in half.
3. Fold the yarn in half, then put the loop around the dowel, and pull the two ends through the loop.
4. Do that in whatever pattern and in whatever amount you want!
5. Cut the bottoms off into whatever pattern or shape, or leave it for more of a roughed look.
6. Tie yarn to the ends for hanging.
And that’s IT!
We had so much fun making this and it was SO easy. Plus I just can’t gush enough about how much I love it. I want to make a million more!